7 months ago
In this role, you will configure and deploy systems to customers sites that manage electrical distribution systems as part of a committed team with a varied skill set.
Your responsibilities may include such tasks as hardware and network installation, cyber security, data transformation, automation, scripting, interface integration, configuration, testing and training.
A Software Project Engineer is expected to be adaptable and customer focused, taking responsibility for their work and ensuring that key milestones and expectations are met.
Projects may range from small upgrades executed remotely to multi-year installations across remote sites.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent;
* Strong experience in software services;
* Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Linux/Windows server administration;
- Network design;
- Cyber security;
- Databases (Oracle preferred);
- Web Services;
- SOA technologies;
- Scripting languages (Python, Perl, Shell, VB);
- Programming languages (C/C++/C#, Java);
- DevOps automation technologies (Helm, Chef, Jenkins);
- Automated testing technologies;
- Data management - data design, migration, engineering, cleansing.
Nice to have:
* Willingness and ability to undertake work on client site both UK and abroad;
* Bi-lingual in European languages (Spanish preferred).
If you feel this is the right opportunity for you, please do not hesitate to get in touch!