about 1 year ago
Interface Applications is looking for a DBA to strengthen the Alliance Messaging Hub (AMH) development team. The team is comprised of more than 30 professionals, organized in sub teams, and is responsible for delivering scalable, high quality, secure and mission critical financial software to the global financial industry.
The successful candidate has a hands-on and result-driven mindset and leverages his broad technical skills in the area of persistency, to help define, implement and maintain solutions in the financial messaging domain.
Operation within an Agile software development team, you assume following responsibilities:
* You manage the non-production Oracle databases, used to develop and test company's software, in all their aspects: design, installation, security patching, sizing, regular maintenance. This includes, keeping the database of a performance lab up-to-date.
* You provide database related support and expert guidance towards development teams and/or customer-facing teams. This includes database architecture, sizing, and performance tuning aspects.
* You design, write and test user-friendly scripts and code around database administration, for integration in company's software.
* You design, develop and test SQL, PL/SQL and OJDBC application code, for integration in the company messaging software.
* You participate in application developments in areas with strong dependencies on the database and/or the persistency layer.
Education & experience
* In-depth knowledge of Oracle EE database 11.2 (and above), and several years of experience in DB administration (install, upgrade, patch, configure, backup/restore, monitor, …) with and without the use of Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Experience to design, architecture , size, tune and harden high performance databases, covering both logical and physical aspects.
* Proven experienced and keen to participate in application development, with focus on SQL, PL/SQL, and (scripting) techniques to manage databases from the application layer.
* Ability to structure problem investigation activities, and identify and progress solution paths.
* Hands-on experience with DB partitioning, multi-tenancy, Oracle Advanced Queuing, RAC, Data-Guard,
* Familiar with RH EAP Application Server, Java, Liquibase, TLS & Encryption
* Familiar with software development tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Git ) and environments (VM, Docker, Linux, Network).
* Result driven and willing to take ownership.
* Good communication skill (written and spoken) in English is an asset.
* Team player, willing to work in a multicultural environment with a positive "can do" mentality.