about 1 year ago
The role is to provide calibration support and technical direction to the Performance, economy and emissions engine test & validation team supporting program delivery. The engineer will have responsibility for conducting engine calibration and rating development, and sign off. This requires a good understanding of diesel engine development, calibration, testing and testbed problem solving. It is a day to day hands on role and the candidate must have test experience which reflects this.
1) Demonstrable diesel engine, aftertreatment, and control systems strategy understanding.
2) Experience in combustion, performance, and economy calibration development of diesel engines.
3) Experience of conducting engine/aftertreatment test and calibration and performance development to support overall program requirements.
4) Planning, managing and delivery of tests to tight time scales.
5) Experienced in the use of testbed software, calibration tools , emissions measuring equipment and test data logging systems.
6) Experience of checking data quality, test result integrity and repeatability, and conducting DOE's.
7) Ability to problem solve, analyse data & formally present & report on the outcome.
8) Ability to investigate root cause of issues, write test requirements, test procedures, and test reports.
9) Good communication, interpersonal skills, self-confidence and a 'passion for product engineering' are personal qualities needed to succeed in this high pressure environment, being self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
This is a long term contract initially for 12 months. Apply now for immediate response.