West Sussex, England
£35000 - £45000 per annum
1 jaar geleden
The successful applicant for this role will benefit from a deep breadth of experience across a variety of areas covering system administration, scripting, automation, deployment and maintenance.
* Work with various software development teams to support, maintain and enhance their build, test, and CRM systems;
* Responsible for both the development and IT administration aspects;
* Work with corporate IT department where necessary to deliver key infrastructure goals as business requirements dictate;
* Responsibilities may include working on the build system, test system & clusters, bug tracker, CRM system, license infrastructure, installer and external web site infrastructure;
* Be self-motivated and comfortable with independently maintaining, developing, and refactoring software written in Python and PHP, using modern object-oriented design techniques;
* Possess the ability to identify areas of improvement in existing systems.
Required skills and experience:
* Python scripting;
* Relational databases including writing, understanding, and debugging SQL queries (e.g. MySQL, Postgres);
* Experience developing server-side web applications in PHP or a similar language;
* Good knowledge of basic Linux and Windows system administration;
* Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking;
* Understanding of build systems (e.g. CMake, Autotools, Meson);
* Understanding of object-oriented software design, and basic design patterns;
* Familiar with the use of source control systems and bug trackers;
* At least basic knowledge of shell scripting and windows batch files;
* Good written English skills, and ability to write well-structured technical documentation.
Nice to have:
* Familiarity with configuration management tools such as Puppet or Ansible;
* Familiarity with continuous integration workflows;
* Expertise in analysing and debugging performance problems on Linux & Windows systems. Use of tools to analyse application behaviour and network traffic, e.g. Wireshark, tcpdump, strace, sysprof, oprofile;
* C/C++ development experience;
* Experience with High Performance Computing (e.g. Infiniband, MPI);
* Knowledge of high-performance filesystems (e.g. Ceph, Lustre);
* Knowledge of configuration of web, database, LDAP/Kerberos, NIS, NFS, and Samba/SMB servers;
* Knowledge of Docker/OpenStack/Kubernetes/AWS/Azure.
If you feel this is the right opportunity for you, please do not hesitate to get in touch!