about 1 year ago
This role is accountable for the solution architecture and providing architectural governance across Web Application Delivery.
Key skills for this role are based around Architecture (Development of Rich Server, Web Users Integration), SME - Scripting Technologies (Server Side Architecture Pattern) and Solutions Design, Agile practices.
* Define the architecture framework and its constituent artefacts in developing services through appropriate and tailored architecture methods.
* Provide the leadership to bring together business, application, infrastructure and data requirements into a single view of solutions options and recommendations.
* Design solutions in a phased manner in an Agile environment, come up with just in time design and factor in design refactoring as a part of the Agile design methodology.
* Understand and manage stakeholder expectations at a senior.
* Provide clear choices and recommendations that enable both business and technical decision making. Responsible for the stakeholder engagement of internal and external parties with regard to architecture decisions and their implications.
* Provide credible technical knowledge and insight to stakeholders and if needed to external customers. May be responsible for delivering presentations to key external stakeholders and customers.
* Through close partnership with Product and Strategy, understand and anticipate business needs and provide leadership and influence in the 'art of the possible'.
* Responsible for driving the decision making process for technology choices including build versus buy and any subsequent purchases. Provide the architecture authority in the evaluation and selection of hardware and software product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations
* Maintain an expert level of technical knowledge in the required technical areas and a broader specialist base as new technologies emerge. Support innovation and/or research and development initiatives as needed.