£35000 - £40000 per annum + car benefits
4 months ago
An exciting opportunity now exists to join our client, one of the largest measuring instrument manufacturers worldwide, as a Key account manager. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the role will cover the South of England with occasional travel to other areas to manage key accounts. An excellent opportunity exists for the chosen candidate to demonstrate their sales acumen with potential to progress into a National Sales Manager role.
The successful candidate will come from a Technical Sales background. Any experience of Calibration and/or Scientific or Manufacturing Sales is highly desirable. You will visit clients either existing or new, and determine their Calibration needs.
* Achieve all personal sales targets as defined by the Managing Director
* Increase sales revenue through development of existing clients mainly within the defined sales area
* Develop new business from sales leads from within the wider group
* Focused on growing and generating new business, increasing the customer base and sales revenue by the on boarding of new customers
* You will act as the key interface between the customer and all relevant (UK) departments.
* Experience within Technical Sales, ideally Scientific or Manufacturing
* Experience with Calibration is highly desirable
* Previous experience in Account Management or Territory Sales
* Proven track record in sales with experience of direct selling
* Strong account management and relationship building skills
* Highly self-motivated with an attitude to succeed
* A strong technical background is essential
* Excellent communication and networking skills with the ability to maintain positive relationships
* A good negotiator who can adopt a value-based selling approach when required
* Excellent PC skills, Microsoft Office 365, together with a good understanding of CRM systems
* Manage the sales region effectively to minimise driving time and maximise customer visit time by effective time management
* Identify customer needs, determine requirements and optimise sales opportunities via reactive and proactive sales management
* Completion of customer visits within the region with the objective of generating revenue in line with sales targets
* Responsible for managing tenders and quotations in line with company processes