£16.58 - £24.87 per hour
9 months ago
You will have the opportunity to lead and implement lean supply chain projects (to improve the Quality and Shipping performance of supplier) within the Purchasing/Supply Chain Management within Building Construction Products Division based at the Leicester facility.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- This position assumes a leadership role in helping suppliers to build lean supply chain capability in the areas of material replenishment to business divisions, improved Sales and Operations Planning, high-velocity throughput, optimised logistics and capacity planning utilising various tools as appropriate including but not limited to the following: Kanban Loop Sizing Tool, Electronic Value Stream Mapping (eVSM), Rough Cut Capacity Planning (RCCP), 8 D PFMEA Detailed Capacity Planning (DCP) Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA)
- Coaches and leads project teams comprised of multi-functional resources, including facility supply chain planning, site and category purchasing, operations, receiving, Global Transportation, Demand and Orders, Material Requirements Planning and Logistics to achieve lean supply chain flow through an engineered value chain.
- Lead the key supplier quality improvement activity by rich Quality and Mechanical related experiences, engage supplier management team to delivery challenging results on supplier quality performance both in CAT facility and Supplier internal facility.
- Implement, improve the robust process to error proof just-in-time deliveries. This requires determining correct order fulfilment method strategy as well as designing pull systems and determining proper replenishment strategies and proper buffer sizes and placements.
- Coaches and leads lean events and works collaboratively with suppliers and multiple facility functions to address and resolve supplier both Quality and Delivery issues using root cause and corrective action (RCCA).
- Coaches and leads tactical work to develop value stream maps and RCCP (Rough Cut Capacity Planning) analysis. This position works on project teams improving material flow and investigate supplier detail capacity to find the risk and implement the actions.
- This position leads teams to address day-to-day supplier constraints and to improve supplier performance and their flexibility to rapidly respond to Caterpillar requirements.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- 5 years plus experience in Supply Chain, Supplier Management or Logistics
- Experience demonstrating advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a customer service focus
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- 4 year degree related to Supplier Management, Supply Chain, Business Management or equivalent experience in supply chain planning, quality, process, logistics and/or manufacturing.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles
-APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification
- Solid product knowledge
- Experience in value stream mapping
- DMAIC 6 Sigma
- Mechanical, Quality related experiences