Birmingham, West Midlands
£13.00 - £15.00 per hour
4 months ago
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Minimal work direction needed, highly skilled and knowledgeable to the position and provides best practicing sharing within work group. Worker will be responsible for providing administrative support to a department or individual. Duties may include: typing, filing, answering phones, scheduling, calendaring, record keeping, coordinating meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies and/or sorting/distributing mail. May work on special projects to include recording, compiling, retrieving, and analyzing information. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize. Strong communication skills and organizational skills are required. Proficiency with MS Office required. Familiarity with Lotus Notes is preferred.
1.Follows a variety of clearly defined procedures under general guidance within functional disciplines such as:
a. supply planning,
b. warehousing, transportation,
d.import/export, etc. Works independently,
although the scope for discretion is limited and the output is reviewed periodically while in progress. The work priorities are defined with the manager/supervisor.
a. Schedules production
b. Participates in activities focused in improving production output
c. Utilizes tracking systems to manage progress and report results
d. Resolves back-order situations
e. Participates in and may lead project teams
2. Handles inquiries of moderate scope and complexity. Uses basic analytical skills to interpret information, examine variables, draw conclusions, and assess alternative methods. Most complex problem solving may require the use of increased judgment to handle some variations in conditions or operations, making decisions based on selecting from alternative courses of action using greater adaptation to circumstances when necessary
Qualifications: (experience, knowledge, skills & abilities)
* Proficient use of MS Excel is preferable
* Experience of working within a Purchasing Environment
* Familiarity with SAP system is preferable
* Excellent communication skills: verbal and written.
* Detail oriented, with strong follow through to completion.
* Strong analytical skills and proactive thinking.
* Self-motivated and good organizational skills.
* Excellent multi-tasking skills in fast paced and changing environment.
* Quick learner and ability to grasp new processes and tools.