10 months ago
Senior Python Developer
Location: BE-Brussels area
Contract duration: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Our client, specialised in the financial industry, is looking for a dynamic and innovative Python developer!
Your key responsibilities are:
* Design, develop, test and integrate new features, new components and improvements to existing product functionality
* Integrate third party components into solution
* Prepare and study the technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions
* Assist with the preparation and analysis of requirements
* Ensure maintenance and creation of automated integration and regression tests
* Ensure production of complete technical documentation and operating procedures
* Bug fixing on maintenance releases, code review and testing
* Liaise with operational team; as part of a 'Center of Expertise', actively contribute to the investigation and resolution of production issues; will join an on-call rotation scheme when appropriate
* Willing to evolve/grow in a DevOps environment
What qualifications are we looking for?
* University degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
What kind of experience you need to have?
* 3+ years of experience in a similar position with at least 1 year in a Linux environment
The following essential skills are listed in order of importance:
* A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in Object-oriented design, algorithms, and software design
* Development experience with multi-tier applications technologies and tools
* Extensive knowledge of Python
* Experience with automated testing techniques (Unit testing, Integration testing, Gherkin...)
* Experience in Linux environment (eg; RHEL)
* Change management and versioning tools such as Git & BitBucket
The following additional skills are an advantage:
* Knowledge of C/C++ is an asset.
* Knowledge and experience of Kafka technology is an asset
* Knowledge and experience of Docker technology is an asset
* Understanding of the mindsets of both Agile and DevOps
* Knowledge of requirement management tool e.g. Confluence, Jira is an asset
* Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins and Continuous Deployment tools such Ansible is an asset
* Experience in shell scripting (ksh, perl, awk)
* Experience with Oracle relational database is an asset
* Fluent in English (spoken and written)
* Team player
* Adaptability & responsiveness to change
* Quality mindset
If you think that this challenge is the right one for you, do not hesitate to apply for it.