about 1 year ago
Firstly, to manage programs of high complexity, risk and business significance in line with the company's strategy and plan, in close liaison with all relevant departments, including external third parties, and to company E2E program & project management guidelines. These programs are composed of projects each managed by a project manager.
- Articulate of the program into a series of inter-dependent projects
- Timely delivery of projects/products in line with agreed functionality, quality, cost and performance in compliance with company procedures and standards, thereby guaranteeing operational success of the product.
- Negotiate business requirements with the stakeholders and translate those into a program plan with full involvement of the different project teams.
- Monitor, maintain and report to team, customers and project office on the program status on a continual basis and for the duration of the program
- Make sure the program stays on track by pro-actively controlling actual status of cost, schedule, quality and resources versus plans and by taking corrective action
- resolving cross-departmental conflicts
- Manage program risks, dependencies, security, resources, budget and quality escalating issues and
making proposals when appropriate.
- Negotiate and secure optimal resource utilisation (staff, infrastructure, budget) and match resource levels to program needs (especially people and infrastructure). Drive supplier contract negotiations when appropriate, according to company guidelines and ethics.
- Facilitate Steering Committes to communicate, network and interface with all prime stakeholders on a regular basis ensuring they are aware of program progress and risks and can decide on course corrections.
- Assess and coordinate the feasibility and timeliness in regards to future commitments.
- Provide project management assistance to other project managers who require support in planning, scheduling and controlling projects. Contribute to improving the program & project management methodology by sharing lessons learned.
Secondly, to drive IT-wide transversal transformations. The next two transformations are: 1. Provide a platform to manage the inventory of main IT skills; 2. Revamp the IT weekly reports into a new communication concept to frequently share successes and challenges.
- making the transformation meaningful, ensure strong sponsorship
- leading a transversal team
- communicating and engaging others, developing metrics about transformation success
- define with all stakeholders the best way to embed the transformation in all impacted processes, governance, support and training
- coordinate the end-to-end rollout of the changes, managing risks and overcoming resistance to change
- report transformation progress to senior and executive level
*At least 10 years relevant experience
Familiarity with industry best practices for project and programme management processes and tools
*Good understanding of the organisation and products and services
*Good communication and presentation skills, including with/to the executives
*Excellent change agent, with deep understing of stakeholdering, networking and sometimes politics
*Strong people management skills in a matrix organisation. Experience with international teams is a plus.
*Problem solver with good learning curve.
*Able to manage time and handle uneven workloads and fixed deadlines
*Very result-oriented with a continuous improvement mind-set
*University degree or equivalent majoring in Information Technology or related disciplines