9 months ago
Start date: ASAP
Location: Mechelen OR Brussels (South)
Type of contract: Permanent
For one of our clients, with a unique corporate mind-set, rich of diversity and personal development, where lots of different nationalities work together in a large number of offices worldwide, we are looking for an Oracle Database Developer.
- You manage the non-production Oracle databases, used to develop and test SWIFT software, in all their aspects: design, installation, security patching, sizing, regular maintenance. This includes, keeping the database of a performance lab up-to-date.
- You provide database related support and expert guidance towards development teams and/or customer-facing teams. This includes database architecture, sizing, and performance tuning aspects.
- You design, write and test user-friendly scripts and code around database administration, for integration in SWIFT software.
- You design, develop and test SQL, PL/SQL and OJDBC application code, for integration in SWIFT messaging software.
- You participate in application developments in areas with strong dependencies on the database and/or the persistency layer.
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle EE database 11.2 (and above), and several years of experience in DB administration (install, upgrade, patch, configure, backup/restore, monitor, …) with and without the use of Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Experience to design, architecture, size, tune and harden high performance databases, covering both logical and physical aspects.
- Proven experienced and keen to participate in application development, with focus on SQL, PL/SQL, and (scripting) techniques to manage databases from the application layer.
- Ability to structure problem investigation activities, and identify and progress solution paths.
· Languages: English (very good in reading, writing, speaking) is a must.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to know more about it, don't hesitate to get back to me with your updated CV!