£45000 - £55000 per annum + benefits
over 1 year ago
A fantastic, high profile opportunity has arisen for a Senior BI Developer to join the Group Business Intelligence & Analytics of this fast growing, £440m private equity backed global life sciences business.
Do you have a passion for data and the potential that can be unlocked from it? Do you thrive on building connections for system to share data? Interested in ERP, tax technology, digitalisation, transaction workflow, robotic process automation, analytics and finance?
Do you want to work for a team actively working to upgrade, modernise, and improve efficiency across the wider Group? Do you want to help support thought leadership and the adoption of new technologies?
Based in Teddington, South West London, and reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence & Analytics, this position is a company-wide reaching role that will work across the organisation to build our analytical platform and ensure efficient flow of information from source to insight.
You will have a developer's mindset, a good breadth of programming skills, ETL experience (ideally in Business Objects Data Services), excellent SQL, solid team player with good communication skills and ideally some Tableau skills.
In return, there is an excellent package, flexible working, along with genuine support for personal and career development opportunities in a growing organisation.
This role joins a fun and lively working environment and a hard-working team that recognises the importance of a good work/life balance.
* Design, development and optimisation of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) to meet business requirements
* Design, direct and develop processes for acquiring data from disparate data sources using innovative methods
* Data & Process discovery on source systems to build best possible data acquisition processes.
* Ensure that new and existing and technical implementations continue to perform against agreed performance metrics.
* Contribute to selection and recommendation of new BI tools matching requirements and/or BI strategy.
Required knowledge, experience and technical skills
* Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar Analytical discipline or equivalent experience
* Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques used in analytical model design and development
* Expert-level in Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) development, release and management, ideally SAP Data Services
* Experience developing Tableau Dashboards, Business Objects Universes.
* Demonstrate a good balance between technical expertise and commercial business awareness
* Strong expertise in database languages such as T-SQL for SQL Server and PL/SQL for Oracle 12c
Essential competencies and behaviours
* A self-starter and problem solver capable of identifying and implementing improvements to processes
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, time management and organisational skills
* Ability to have pragmatic conversations with non-technical end users to discover how existing business processes influence the flow of data and thus the design of the EDW.
* Ability to multi-task and follow through on assignments to completion
* Ability to work in a pressurised, changing environment with strong focus on high quality and timely delivery of outputs
* Ability to work effectively in virtual, interdisciplinary teams as well as to work autonomously, take initiative and make things happen
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills and attention to detail
* Passion for handling, analysing and transforming large, complex data sets into workable information sets.
* Experience of Master Data Management and Enterprise Information Management principles.
* Experience of working in both Agile and Traditional BI delivery models.