Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £75000 per annum + car allowance benefits
about 1 year ago
July - August 2019
The Sr. MSL provides unbiased scientific information and medical education, drives data generation, establishes value-adding partnerships with healthcare professionals engaged in Iron deficiency Anaemia care and supports the commercial teams.
* Provide high quality scientific information to healthcare professionals in response to specific requests.
* Support implementation of local best-practice protocols for the treatment of iron deficiency anaemia (IDA).
* Support data generation through HCP-initiated projects by advising on medical writing, data analysis, and publication, where required.
* Initiate and maintain strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
* Roll-out educational concepts in target therapeutic areas focusing on IDA awareness and screening, guideline recommendation and IDA treatment.
* Support the provision of educational meetings focused on IDA management by interaction with HCP speakers to provide briefings around compliance, product information, clinical and scientific data, and support development of presentations.
* Input into medical plans and execute medical affairs strategy by taking actions that lead to advances ensuring optimal patient treatment.
* Take an active role in clinical trials: Input into the clinical development plan, study design and protocols to ensure that UK needs are addressed. Proactively identify data gaps and work with relevant stakeholders to fill unmet needs. Drive company-sponsored studies and have full responsibility for assigned investigator-sponsored studies ISS).
* Provide scientific support to sales and marketing teams: provide internal scientific training, input into the development of company materials and act as a compliance reviewer for sales/ marketing materials, where necessary.
* Act to the highest ethical standards, develop an excellent understanding of the ABPI Code Practice and serve as a compliance adviser for internal teams, where necessary.
* Fulfil company responsibilities as defined in the PVG SOPs related to medical enquiries and drug safety information, and proactively collect information on the safety profile of company products. The proportion of time dedicated to each activity varies depending on the seniority of the individual and the business need.
Minimum Experience and Education Requirements:
* Advanced degree in life sciences (MSc or or PhD), medicine or pharmacy and demonstrated commercial acumen.
* Solid understanding of the workings of the pharmaceutical industry and experience in MSL or simmilar role.
* Has a strong understanding of the NHS; knowledge regarding Irish healthcare system is considered an advantage.
* Has a proven track-record of translating scientific or clinical data into messages to help physicians best serve their patients and support change in clinical practices through collaboration with KOLs and strategic stakeholders.
* The individual would require a strong drive, collaborative mind-set and great communication skills.