Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Great Benefits Package
4 months ago
An exciting new opportunity to join a growing team has arisen for a RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety) Engineer. Exciting because you will be working on globally newsworthy projects and cutting edge technology.
As a RAMS Engineer you will be reviewing the equipment that's going up into space, reviewing external equipment, ensuring quality standards are met and ensuring reliability of equipment.
RAMS ensures proper support to concept solutions during development and in-service phases.
The objective of RAMS is to support the design definition and assess that the products delivered by the company
are dependable and safe as required by the legal and regulatory requirements, customers' specifications and in-house policies.
The primary objective of your goal is to analyse candidate designs of all space products developed for the space industry.
You will also be involved in a wide range of product development such as propulsion subsystems, navigation, digital processors etc.
Main / key responsibilities of the role:
- Assessing/understandings of customer requirements.
- Performing all required Project RAM analyses (e.g. FMEA (Failure modes and effects analysis / Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Statistical Reliability/Availability Analysis etc.)
- Performing all required Project Safety activities such as safety analysis, production of safety submission documents
- Performing trade-offs and redundancy optimization studies.
- Working in close collaboration with design engineers (e.g. HW, SW and Operations), technical architects, external customers and suppliers to achieve mission objectives.
- This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- Ideally your background would be solid electronics experience from a safety critical environment.
- In-depth Statistics and Reliability Mathematics experience and background
- RAMS engineering processes methods and tools: FMEA, Fault tree, reliability analysis
- System and equipment engineering related technical disciplines (Electronics, Electrical, Thermal, Mechanical, Operations and
- Software), with a specific focus on electronics and system engineering.
- Excel with VBA macro development.
- Knowledge of relevant standards (dependability and safety standards).
This role comes with occasional travel.
Do send me your CV or call me to discuss