County Durham, England
£13.30 - £16.44 per hour
11 months ago
1. Administration of the 'spot buy' requisition process.
·Requesting quotes from suppliers
·Pricing up requisitions
·Creation of Purchase Orders and forwarding to suppliers
2. Expediting internal customer Purchase Orders and resolving day to day customer queries.
3. Resolving invoice queries relating to POD'S & Price, obtaining credit notes where relevant.
4. Resolve delivery note queries relating to indirect consumable purchases.
5. Filing and maintaining indirect purchasing records, eg, reqs, p/o's supplier set up details.
6. Administration of the vendor details system ie, setting up and amending supplier
details in systems.
Administrative background in Purchasing, Finance, or Manufacturing Operations preferred. Career advancement to a Buyer position will require a Bachelor's degree or a country specific equivalent.
Intermediate to advanced skill in use of computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, purchasing systems, and e-mail systems is preferred.
Effective communicator (oral and written)
Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative work style
Familiar with basic procurement and quality principles, procedures, and techniques
Ability to prioritise work in a dynamic environment
If this sounds like you I look forward to speaking with you