Up to £386.00 per day
6 months ago
About 70% of the time will be spent travelling.
Typical day would be
* Act as a resource for on-going SQL planning and deployment.
* Help with analysis of migration to new SQL environments.
* Provide SQL workshops and training for customer's existing support staff.
* Deliver timely and high quality solutions to customer problems and requests focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, knowledge transfer, and opportunity generation. Manage escalations and sub-cases to ensure timely and high quality resolution of all issues.
* Develop and implement strategies for providing facilitative support resulting in fewer incidents, increased availability, or accelerated deployments.
* Develop relationships with technical directors or lead architects for the technology you support resulting in more participation in planning and improved satisfaction in support consulting.
* Partner with Premier Service Delivery Managers to effectively manage hot-sites including documented action plans and daily status updates for the customer and Microsoft management.
* Develop working relationships within the PFE Organisation that result in increased cooperation and mutual support in fulfilling our customer mission.
* Develop a working relationship with Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS), SE and field staff at your accounts that results in increased cooperation and mutual support in achieving each others goals.
* Initiate and participate in triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and to efficiently resolve customer problems.
Must have Databases and Analytics SQL Server,MySQL, Oracle. Data Warehousing, Business INterlligence powerbi, noSQL
* SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008.
* Exposure to and some knowledge about SQL Server 2016
* SQL Server Integration Services, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, Power BI
* Fair knowledge on Windows clustering - Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 and Windows 2012 R2.
* Deep technical knowledge/experience on SQL HA/DR solutions.
* Practical experience troubleshooting performance problems, query tuning and optimisation.
* Experience delivering and/or authoring technical training
* University degree, preferably in Computer Science. Will consider related equivalent experience.
* Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision
* Ability to manage challenging technical issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, participating in on-call shifts, having a willingness to go the extra mile and professionally communicating to all parties involved.
* SQL programming skills in one of the following: VB, VBA, C++, .Net, VBS, Jscript.
* Experience with network captures and network troubleshooting.
* PowerShell V2 skills including scripting would be an advantage.