£420.00 - £460.00 per day
10 months ago
My global client are currently looking for an experienced Network Engineer for a 6 month initial contract based in Oxford. They are running a new major Networking and End User Computing transformation programme and shifting from on-premise infrastructure to commodity cloud based services.
The job responsibilities will include:
- Implement change to Wan/ Lan using low-level designs in alignment with architecture principles and standards.
- Work closely with the network service team and vendors to provide network problem analysis and help with the resolution of issues.
- Create documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes and/ or service records.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other engineers, supporting the design, implementation and troubleshooting when required.
Skills required for this role will include:
- Strong understanding of OSI model and TCP/ IP
- Experience with design and implementation of network and management systems
- Practical Experience with Cisco IOS
- Strong background in supporting global WANs and regional office LAN implementations, that support a diverse set of products and a geography disparate workforce.
The role is paying a daily rate of between £400 - £450 a day depending on experience
Please apply if you have the experience and are interested in this position!