Galway, Republic of Ireland
10 months ago
Are you an innovative and creative Engineer with experience in bio-medical engineering including device design, design for manufacture, regulatory requirements etc who has a good understanding of system design and broad knowledge of common electrical practices including wiring, PCB design, use of test equipment, EMC considerations and electrical safety? If the answer is yes, combined with strong project management skills and attention to detail please read further:
We are seeking an Electronic Engineer with experience working within a medical device or regulated environment who has strong electronic engineering capabilities with an appreciation for other engineering disciplines and a solid understanding of the manufacturing process.
Your role will be to develop and design new products and product improvements by providing a high level of Electrical/Electronic based design skills and knowledge into product development projects and balancing innovative engineering design, functional requirements and aesthetic appeal with product safety, cost effective design and ease of manufacture.
* Work within the product development group with input from the marketing team, to develop
existing technology and develop new products to add to the company portfolio.
* Ensure that development work adheres to the requirements of project design briefs and other
* Play an active role in projects, teams, meetings etc. Liaise with other cross-functional team members, suppliers and other interested parties throughout projects and encourage their involvement and participation.
* Lead design reviews, influencing and communicating ideas, using problem solving tools to propose solutions.
* Ensure technical files are created and maintained/updated as new products are designed, or existing products are changed.
* Validate and document design solutions by using relevant tools and techniques such as computerised modelling prototyping; FMEA, FEA etc. Evaluate outcomes and act as required.
* Work with the Sustaining Engineer to develop maintenance and testing procedures for electronic components and equipment.
* Participate in risk assessment activities.
* Ensure compliance with all regulatory and safety procedures.
Degree qualified in Engineering, ideally Electronic or Bio-Medical and approximately 4 years' experience in medical devices or another similarly regulated industry.