9 months ago
Datacenter & Service Network Architect
Our client delivers best-in-class international wholesale solutions to any communication service provider worldwide. Through its Mosaic portfolio, a comprehensive, flexible and innovative suite of solutions designed to be used individually, or collectively, our client meets the existing and future requirements of the global telecoms industry.
The headquarter is located in Brussels with regional offices in Bern, Madrid, Dubai, New York and Singapore. We also have a satellite office in Beijing and local representation in Accra, Cape Town, Miami, Montevideo, Nairobi and Toronto. Our team continuously strives to provide our customers with the highest levels of quality, reliability and interoperability enabling them to maximise their end-user value.
With our successful consolidation strategy, and a continuing focus on technological advancement and innovation, we have achieved a world-leading position in the international Voice and Mobile Data markets.
- Design client's datacenters networks (including Firewalls, routing/switching, Internet Access, network appliances like DNS, Load Balancers, SSL VPNs, …
o High level architecture incl. recovery & dimensioning
o Network security architecture (macro & micro segmentation)
o Overall partner/vendor ecosystem,
o Reflection on organizational structure, skillsets, governance
- Work with senior leadership to formulate and carry out the strategic plan for Datacenter & external clouds. Evaluate and report on the evolution strategic benefits, meeting our business objectives and our operational objectives (employee empowerment, cost optimization, Time-to-market).
- Deliver & maintain a tactical 3-5Y Datacenter evolution plan, balance it with the organizational capabilities/specificities and derive from it the impact on the people, customers and processes.
- Evangelize re-use & programmability through implementation of automation & infrastructure managed "as a code". Support the efforts for cross-training and collaboration, as well as mentoring other less-experienced members aiding in the automation/softwarization directions
- Anticipate, identify, track and (assist) the resolution of design-related issues and risks
- Follow up the development teams deliveries and in resolving technical problems.
- 6+ years of proven architectural experience in Datacenter (private & external clouds) and skills from Design, Requirements and Reviews
- In depth knowledge & experience with switched network environments, Firewall configuration & management, Load Balancers, TACACS, DNS, SSL VPN, SSL offloading, certificate management & small PKI, IPSEC, MPLS Layer 2, Layer3 VPNs
- Architecture awareness & preferably experience (strong plus) in
o Software defined Telco clouds (network overlays, performance acceleration like SR-IOV or DPDK, service chaining, micro-segmentation, MANO reference model, etc)
o Containerized environments
o large MPLS Backbone & Telco Services connectivity architectures, Voice and Mobile technologies & architecture (SIP, SMPP, SS7, Diameter, …)
- In depth knowledge and experience with infrastructure automation design and services, including HA (High Availability), Service modelling, IaC (Infrastructure as Code), PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- Proven background in scripting infrastructure deployments (Automation). Experience with management interfaces that facilitate network automation (like netconf/YANG, Openconfig, gNMI, REST-API). Proven experience with solutions like (not all) Ansible, Teraform, Cloudformation, CloudForm,Cloudify, etc
- Senior & professional mindset
o Ability to work autonomously with limited set of instructions, to analyse and operate at different levels of abstraction and to cope with ambiguity
o Ability to balance cost against benefits, what is strategically right with what is practically realistic. Willingness to be flexible and not to settle for a status quo. Ability to integrate technical solution within broader organizational & business contexts.
o Ability to effectively communicate & collaborate, to lead and influence and to create an impact within its organization. Experience presenting Automation technology concepts to business and technical teams. Ability to express leadership on distributed technical teams.
- Resourceful, creative and able to find innovative ways to achieve results
- Passionate about technology & relations between technology and business
- Strong team player, highly motivated, dedicated and can do
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Sensitive to various cultures and able to work in an international environment