£45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits
10 months ago
This is an exciting opportunity to test and validate the next generation of grid applications within orchestrated microservice environments. Working within a team of highly experienced software developers and test engineers, this role will aid in the test and delivery of real-time analytics for the electricity grid. You will be responsible for creation, execution and maintenance of the product test solution. You will use industry standard test tools to develop manual and automated tests in a variety of programming languages, you will work in a multi-disciplined team to uncover and debug problems at the earliest stage of development.
Experience of microservice environments, containerisation and the Kubernetes orchestration environment is highly desirable, and working within a DevOps environment is also advantageous.
Key skills & Technologies
* Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math's)
* Proven experience developing test solutions either manually or in a test automation environment
* Experienced in writing/executing test cases against large distributed systems
* Hands-on working knowledge of any standard Linux shell-scripting language
* Working knowledge of any major Linux distribution
* Working knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 or 2016
* Experience with automated testing tools Selenium, Cucumber etc.
* Working knowledge of Ethernet protocol (IEEE 802.3), including VLANs (IEEE 802.1Q) and IP layer including (UDP/TCP)
Any Software programming language experience with (C/C++), or Web applications using Java, C#, Spring, Maven, etc. would be advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-respected global organisation, please send your CV details to be considered.