about 1 year ago
Automation Architect (Infrastructure)
Our client delivers best-in-class international wholesale solutions to any communication service provider worldwide.
The headquarter is located in Brussels with regional offices in Bern, Madrid, Dubai, New York and Singapore. Also, a satellite office in Beijing and local representation in Accra, Cape Town, Miami, Montevideo, Nairobi and Toronto. Our team continuously strives to provide our customers with the highest levels of quality, reliability and interoperability enabling them to maximise their end-user value.
With our successful consolidation strategy, and a continuing focus on technological advancement and innovation, we have achieved a world-leading position in the international Voice and Mobile Data markets.
- Work with senior leadership to formulate and carry out the strategic plan for the automation.
- Evaluate and report on the automation strategic benefits, meeting our digitalization business objectives (customer empowerment) and our operational objectives (employee empowerment, cost optimization, Time-to-market).
- Monitor the improved "Time To Value" using automated, consistent and self-documenting processes
Tactical implementation plan (Technology, People & Processes)
- Architect and deploy automation technologies to achieve our automation strategic benefits
- Define the technical framework considering all relevant artifacts including,
o Security, compliance, access management
o Infrastructure Environments (WAN, Data Centers, Clouds, Telco Service Functions) & integration requirements/constraints
o OSS/BSS integration requirements
o Infrastructure development methodologies (waterfall, agile) & ambitions for infrastructure CI/CD
o System availability & timings
- Anticipate, identify, track and resolve technical issues and risks affecting delivery
- Able to derive from automated solution the impact on the people, customers and processes. Identify who does the work, how the work gets done, how work/experience changes for pour employees/customers. Balance of automation technology solutions, process, and humans that makes the magic and drives the change.
- Evangelize re-use & programmability through implementation of shared engineering assets. Support the efforts for cross-training and collaboration, as well as mentoring other less-experienced members aiding in the automation directions
- Follow up the development teams deliveries and in resolving technical problems
- 4+ years of proven successful experience in Automation technology arena
- 6+ years of proven Architectural experience and skills from Design, Requirements and Reviews
- Broad infrastructure architecture awareness & experience (WAN, Data Centers, Clouds, Telco Service Functions)
- In depth knowledge and experience with infrastructure automation design and services, including HA (High Availability), Service modelling, IaC (Infrastructure as Code), PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- Experience with management interfaces that facilitate network automation: netconf/YANG, Openconfig, gNMI, REST-API
- Proven background in scripting infrastructure deployments (Automation)
- Proven experience with solutions like (not all) Ansible, Teraform, Cloudformation, CloudForm, Cisco NSO, Ciena BluePlanet, etc
- Strong experience programing in Python and preferably in other languages such as Java, C, …
- Senior & professional mindset
o Ability to work autonomously with limited set of instructions, to analyse and operate at different levels of abstraction and to cope with ambiguity
o Ability to balance cost against benefits, what is strategically right with what is practically realistic. Willingness to be flexible and not to settle for a status quo. Ability to integrate technical solution within broader organizational & business contexts.
o Ability to effectively communicate & collaborate, to lead and influence and to create an impact within its organization. Experience presenting Automation technology concepts to business executives and technical teams. Ability to express leadership on distributed technical teams.
- Resourceful, creative and able to find innovative ways to achieve results
- Passionate about technology & relations between technology and business
- Strong team player, highly motivated, dedicated and can do
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Sensitive to various cultures and able to work in an international environment